2020-2021 HHS Graduation Update #7
Friday, May 28: All work must be completed in order to walk in the graduation ceremony
Tuesday, June 1 (Last Full Day of School): Senior online check-out completed (LINK) and distribution of Parking Passes/Tickets from the Main Commons during both lunches.
Thursday, June 3: Graduation Ceremony (Location: Hermiston High School)
- Weight Room and Doors leading to Kennison Stadium will open for seniors only starting at 5:00 p.m.
- All seniors in the bleachers in the Main (Purple) Gym by 5:30 p.m.
- All Senior speeches will be given from the Gym starting at 5:45 p.m.
- Graduation 2021 will be live streamed via the HSD website and available on YouTube for future viewing.
- Diploma presentation will occur from the Main Commons Stage starting at 6:10 p.m.
- Students will be allowed to have six guests and two parking passes for the diploma presentation. Any car entering the lot (including student vehicles) will need a pass.
Code of Conduct: The Hermiston community and school personnel care about maintaining the dignity and ceremony of graduation. While we want to encourage appropriate celebration of your accomplishments, it is essential to maintain respect for all the participants in the program. Each speaker and individual senior deserves to have his/her moment in the spotlight. Students whose inappropriate actions interfere will be removed from the ceremony.
Attire for Graduation Ceremony: The traditional cap and gown is a privilege and should be worn with pride. Clothing underneath needs to be appropriate as well. No shorts or flip-flops are allowed. The cap and gown should remain intact without additional decoration, including glitter.
Pictures (Lifetouch): Pictures of individual students will be taken before, during, and after the ceremony. They will be available for purchase at https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/
Photos: Pictures of the senior class, the parade and the graduation ceremony will be available for free download for seniors by June 7. Seniors will each be sent an email with a google link for them to download the pictures that they want.
Project Graduation: Will be held at EOTEC, 30 minutes after the Graduation Ceremony concludes. Senior T-shirts will be required for entry into the party. The party will end at midnight. Bussing will be provided for students who need transportation to and from the party.
Questions or concerns, please contact Ms.Tammy Gattis at 541-667-6125 or email@example.com