2020-2021 HHS Graduate Update
Graduation Speeches: Welcome, given by the class President, Spanish Welcome, Prophecy, History, and Farewell.
- Eligibility for Speakers: Interested students graduating with an Honors Diploma. Please contact your Counselor, Ms. Cristina Cuevas.
- Friday, April 23: Speech Auditions will be held, starting at 2:35 p.m. in the HHS auditorium. Students will give a two-minute speech on their favorite high school memory to a panel of counselors, teachers, and administration. (The top four students will speak at graduation).
Tuesday, May 4: Jostens will be at HHS from 10:00 - 2:00 in the Main Commons
Friday, May 21: Credit Recovery/Peak & Outside Credits need to be completed.
Wednesday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m.: An optional, non-denominational Baccalaureate/Youth Rally at the Nazarene Church. Presentable attire is required.
Thursday, May 27: Senior Parade and Picture
- Senior Picture with their t-shirt in bleachers at Kennison Field: 6:30 p.m.
- Senior t-shirts will be available by 5.20.21 to be picked up in the Counseling Office
- Note, only seniors and HSD staff will be allowed into Kennison Field.
- Parade, leaving from Kennison in Cap and Gown: 7:00 p.m. Note, students may wear shorts etc. underneath their gown for the parade.
- Fireworks: 9:30 p.m. from the Hermiston Butte
Friday, May 28: All work must be completed in order to walk in the graduation ceremony
Tuesday, June 1: Senior online check-out completed and last full day of school, (Click Here, this will be a live link at a future date)
Thursday, June 3: (all times are subject to change as we refine the schedule)
- Graduation Ceremony (Location: Hermiston High School)
- All seniors in the bleachers in the Main (Purple) Gym by 5:30 p.m.
- All Senior speeches will be given from the Gym starting at 5:45 p.m. Note, guests (up to four) of speakers will be allowed to watch speeches.
- Live Streaming: Graduation 2021 will be live-streamed via the HSD website and available on YouTube for future viewing.
- Diploma presentation will occur from the Main Commons Stage starting at 6:10 p.m.
- Students will be allowed to have four guests and two parking passes for the diploma presentation. Any car entering the lot (including student vehicles) will need a pass. Note, depending on Umatilla County COVID-19 Risk Category, our guest numbers may be adjusted.
- Project Graduation will start 30 minutes after the graduation ceremony on the Practice Field west of Kennison Field.
Code of Conduct: The Hermiston community and school personnel care about maintaining the dignity and ceremony of graduation. While we want to encourage appropriate celebration of your accomplishments, it is essential to maintain respect for all the participants in the program. Each speaker and individual senior deserves to have his/her moment in the spotlight. Students whose inappropriate actions interfere will be removed from the ceremony.
Attire for Graduation Ceremony: The traditional cap and gown is a privilege and should be worn with pride. Clothing underneath needs to be appropriate as well. No shorts or flip-flops are allowed. The cap and gown should remain intact without additional decoration, including glitter. Cultural regalia may be worn upon approval of HHS administration prior to May 11, 2021.
Pictures (Lifetouch): Pictures of individual students will be taken before, during, and after the ceremony. They will be available for purchase at https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/
Project Graduation: Will be held at the Practice Field, west of Kennison Stadium 30 minutes after the Graduation Ceremony concludes. Senior T-shirts will be required for entry into the party. The party will end at midnight.
Questions or concerns, please contact Ms.Tammy Gattis at 541-667-6125 or email@example.com