District Vision & Goals
The following practices contribute to achieving this goal.
The district will develop a partnership with staff, parents and community members to identify and revise
goals consistent with the goals adopted by the State Board of Education. To successfully prepare students
to function effectively in a rapidly changing world and for the futures they choose to pursue, goals adopted by the district will:
- Ensure that all students, regardless of linguistic background, culture, race, sex, capability or
geographic location, have access to a quality education in a safe, motivating environment;
- Hold all students to rigorous academic standards and expect them to succeed;
- Provide students with opportunities to demonstrate their achievement in knowledge and skills;
- Encourage parental and community involvement in their student’s education;
- Develop in students lifelong academic skills to prepare them for an ever-changing world;
- Develop in students the core ethical values that our diverse society shares and holds important,
including but not limited to: respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, justice, fairness, civic
virtue and citizenship; and
- Equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue the future of their choice and to
prepare students to function effectively in various life roles; and
- Utilizes valid and reliable data for evaluating the success of curriculum, instruction, resource
allocation and school improvement.
- Academic Achievement. Schools will demonstrate continuous improvement in all measured areas for each student.
- Stewardship. Maintain sound fiscal stewardship of community resources consistent with board policy.
- Community. Schools will provide specific community outreach, at least twice annually, in culturally relevant ways to encourage parent/guardian partnerships in advancing student achievement.